Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Vintage Dollface. A Blog of Life and Beauty

My name is Anya, and I am a lover of all things vintage. I have debated back and forth whether or not I would really want to start a blog considering how many beauty gurus are out there. But, I am here. What is one more beauty admirer to the mix?



I guess I should start with my background. I started young as a lover of all things beauty related, and as I went through life, my eyes turned completely to the vintage lifestyle. I researched everything from these different eras, and there hasn't been a single thing I didn't fall in love with from the music, the clothes, the decor. I started modeling when I was a teenager, and I dove into the makeup industry. I started doing makeup on others, and then I went to school for esthetics and cosmetic lasers. I'm now a licensed esthetician, certified cosmetic laser technician, published model and makeup artist, and a freelance artist for Too Faced Cosmetics.


I'm also a bit of a nerd. Batman is my all time favorite superhero, and calling me obsessed is a bit of an understatement. I'm sure as time goes on, my nerd bit will show more and more.



While I do plan on having a ridiculous number of posts based on beauty and vintage, I do want to write about everyday life as well. My background and life has hardly been the easiest ride, and using my experience to help others get through their own issues has always been something that keeps me going. I am a single mother to a 4 year old girl, Dahlia, that is an exact replica of myself. I make it through with the help of my parents, and I have been able to continue working and going to school because they constantly stand by with whatever assistance is needed. I was even looking to move to Seattle, and my parents were going to keep my daughter until I was settled out there. My mom just found out about some health concerns, and we are currently awaiting test results to really determine the next move for her. My mom is my best friend, and I would never dare think to leave during such a trying time. I'm making some changes in my own life to become more active with Dahlia, and I'm sure that will be an adventure on it's own.



I have plenty to tell about my life story and reaching out to those that need it. There will be plenty of time for that. I am looking forward to posting all about past and future experiences, beauty and music, and of course, Batman. If there are any suggestions for posts, questions or comments, please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment